Thursday, September 1, 2011

What is History and why do we study it

History is so many things to so many people. However to me it a few things. First of all, I think it is what happened five seconds ago, or five hours. Also, history is old artifacts,or events such as, reading this sentence. .I think all of this is history because, who can tell you it isn't. Why we study history, well that is another story..... A lot of people say that they need to learn about the past so they do not make the same mistakes, but they do. I think we learn about the past to learn about the Earth, civilizations, and cultures. Also, it can help predict the future. So as you can see, we need to study the past to help the future.

As James Joyce say  "'History,' Stephen said, 'is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.'"

To me this quote means that with all the wars fights and blood you wish you have never discovered it.


1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog and I agree with what you said: "I think all of this is history, who can tell it is not? You are right. Who can tell is not?

    ReplyDelete